Saturday, October 3, 2015

Day 3 - Battle Plan - Stance of Victory

The next few days will be about how to fight the battle that goes on in our minds.  As you know, there is constant chatter in our thought life, so it is time to take control of it and send the enemy packin'.





Day 1: I shared a bit about the years I struggled with regret, shame and guilt.  It would invade my mind and heart when I least expected it.  Those thoughts robbed me of joy and peace.

Day 2: I shared how crying out to God set me free. Claiming God's promise of forgiveness set me free.  It took action on my part.  My heart-cry was heard and God covered me with His love.  I physically felt His presence, His warmth, His love. It was the closest thing to a hug from God that I have ever felt.

Day 3: I want to pass on a lesson that a sister-in-Christ shared with me ... well not exactly with "just me", but God brought her message into my life for encouragement and it fired me up to stand strong on God's promises.






"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm, then, and do not be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1


Begin the Battle on Your Knees - Priscilla Shirer




9 comments:

  1. It looks like you're off to a great start Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Christy! It is definitely going to be a journey. I look forward to seeing how it develops. So glad I was challenged to write for 31 days.

      Delete
  2. I love how your posts are short and to the point. I can actually follow your blog because I do not have to spend 10 minutes reading a post. God is truly speaking to my heart already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leah. I appreciate your sweet feedback. It is my prayer that God speaks His healing words through me and my experiences.

      Blessings, Jennifer

      "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." ~ Colossians 3:17

      Delete
  3. My grandpa is a Bible teacher and this idea is right along one of his biggest themes, positional truth and experiential truth. "Christ has set us free" is the truth about our position, but to actually experience that truth in our lives tends to take extra prayer and a faithful commitment to believe the positional truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that and I'm so glad God hears our prayers and is willing to teach us His truths about who we are.

      Delete
  4. Amen, Leah~ Jennifer, I love your short and meaningful notes on forgiveness-- they are blessing me and others-- and will remain here for others to come. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful, needed message each day.
    Love & blessing to you, sweet sister-in-Christ!!~ Hugs, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiffany!! Thank you for adding me to the challenge. It has been stretching me in ways I had not expected, but the end result with hopefully glorify God and help others. I am going to spend some time this evening reading through your posts. I LOVE books & it looks like lots of fun to explore! Love, hugs & blessings to you too!

      Delete

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this post! So glad you are here.