Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 1 - Introduction


I want to take a brief moment to let you know a little bit about me.  I am a mom of 5 children, married to a great man.  The most important thing you need to know is that I am forgiven!  Not only am I forgiven ... I have learned how to forgive myself.



I want to share with you that I am a follower of Jesus Christ.   If you are not, I hope you will still follow along with me.  What I will share over the next 31 days will change your life, but only if you will have an open heart, listen and consider what I know to be truth from my own experiences.

If you do not follow the teachings of Christ it is important to note that his life has always been about loving and caring for others.   The Bible has so many positive truths to help with healing.  Consider it the best "self-help" book around.

I must not leave out my relationship with God through Jesus Christ on this blog, He is the only reason I am free from shame, guilt and regret today.  I tried to fix things myself, but remained in a dark place.

Since  I am sure you are wondering:  Why is this blog called "Forgiven Secret"?  Well, that part remains a secret.  I dealt with shame, guilt and regret, for years, over things from my past.  Once I learned how to forgive myself, I was set free and can honestly say that I am no longer in bondage.  I rarely even give them a second thought.  If something does remind me, I rejoice in victory over each and every one.  I smile and give God all the glory!

 So come back tomorrow or sign up to follow me ... I look forward to sharing what is on my heart.

Blessings,
Jennifer





4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely following this 31 days. I am stuck in a vicious cycle of self hate and regret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry your are in a dark place right now. Of course I am not a certified therapist, but I can honestly tell you, from my own experiences, that changing how you think can change how you feel about yourself. Positive affirmations are super powerful. Without knowing where your regret is coming from or the situation that is keeping you in bondage ... I can only encourage you to ask God to help you heal. Even if you do not believe in God ... you really have nothing to lose by verbalizing those words ... please help me heal God, show me that you are real."

      He is real and He loves you ... no matter what is in your past. You are wonderfully made by Him. He wants you to be free from regret and self hate. Tell him what you regret and why you have self hate. He offers forgiveness to anyone that asks for it. Make sure you go to the Steps to Peace & Healing Testimonies tabs above. Anyone can be set free.


      Here are some positive affirmations that I still use to this day:

      God has forgiven me, I forgive myself, I am worthy to be loved, I have been redeemed, I am sanctified, I am loved, I no longer live with regret, shame or guilt.

      I will keep you in my prayers.

      Delete
    2. thank you ... I really do not know what I think about God but you seem so nice to talk to me about it. I will keep reading and I will watch those videos

      Delete
    3. I'm glad to hear that. With an open heart, God will draw you closer to Him if you ask. Give Him a chance.

      Delete

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this post! So glad you are here.